It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ] 
Finally 498a and DVC cases were quashed in high court 

I was married in 2009 dec and my wife filed 498a in may 2010, from other sources we came to know that they were demanding around 60 - 80 lakhs at that time in 2010. (Dowry was 10 lakhs)

I understood their plan that they married their daughter to me just for money and i decided to not to yield to them. The case ran from May 2010 till Oct 2013.
At last in NOV 2013 they agreed for a compromise for 18 lakhs. I made them to agree that they will get 4 lakhs when we get quash for 498a and DVC in high court and also to file for MCD at the same time and they will get remaining 14 lakhs after 6 months when the divorce will be approved by court.

our 498a and DVC was quashed by high court in NOV 2013 and we gave them 4 lakhs through DD and also applied for MCD on the same Day. last month my lawyer told that court is not accepting GPA for MCD now a days. Then lawyer again filed divorce from the girl side, saying that girl wants divorce from me. I am hoping that in next five months I will get divorce.

I am very happy and I feel that it is a victory to me. because at the end I made them to accept for just 18 lakhs

Thank you ShooneK for your help and thanks to 498a.org.

Last edited by kumar_lfh on Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:20 pm

18 lakh is very huge amount, dont u feel robbed off; rather than victorious

Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:50 pm

I would feel victorious If I get 18 Lakhs.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:53 pm

victory my foot...you got robbed in day light

pleae pardon my tone

Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Dowry was 10 lakhs bro,

just think that they gave us 10 lakhs for interest , it would be around 18 lakhs with interest in INDIA in 3 years.

Last edited by kumar_lfh on Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:22 pm

galsober wrote:
18 lakh is very huge amount, dont u feel robbed off; rather than victorious

Dowry was 10 lakhs bro,

just think that they gave us 10 lakhs for interest , it would be around 18 lakhs with interest in INDIA in 3 years.

Last edited by kumar_lfh on Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:24 pm

UK498a wrote:
victory my foot...you got robbed in day light

pleae pardon my tone

Dowry was 10 lakhs bro,

Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:24 pm

Whateva....Ahhh now I got it, so you did take dowry of ten lakhs !!!

Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:13 am

UK498a wrote:

if you are not from south india, you mght find weird about Dowry.

but in south INDIA it is common to take dowry. dont take it in a wrong way man.

but my case was not about the dowry. they had set me up with false cases man.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:35 pm

Mr.Kumar,
did you took the dowry in cash or cheque ?

Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:39 pm

santoshd123 wrote:
Mr.Kumar,
did you took the dowry in cash or cheque ?

i took in cash, like most people in south INDIA.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:24 pm

I am really sorry if I sounded judgemental, my apologies.

UK498a wrote:

Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:53 pm

No offense to communities and sections of society where dowry is still the norm but please curtail this practice, especially demand of dowry

Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:01 pm

rajeevn91 wrote:
No offense to communities and sections of society where dowry is still the norm but please curtail this practice, especially demand of dowry

good suggestion.

But here the issue is not because i have taken dowry i got into this problem. The issue is that the girls family had set me up with false cases to extort money from me.
I think this forum is about the issues regarding to 498a or related cases, mostly false cases.
If you really harass ur wife for dowry or something else then i dont think this forum for those kind of people.

Sorry, no offense.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:19 am

DP 3/4 - giving and taking of dowry is offence in documents in India

but taking dowry is offence practically in India

giving small amount for marriage arrangements/gifts/shaguns and there after demanding huge amount for settlement of marital dispute is common practice in India is nothing but LEGAL EXTORTION

legal extortion may have different forms in form of marriage pension

1 slow and continous(Marriage pension)- maintenance case(125 crpc , 18 HAMA, 24 HMA, DV)

2 Instant and large(commuted Marriage Pension)- MCD and settlement for false case(DP3/4, 498A,406,DV etc.)

there is no law in India to stop Legal Extortion and men are the victims

Legal Extortion of husbands is Public Policy by govt of India

Last edited by siranjeet on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:52 am

kumar_lfh wrote:
rajeevn91 wrote:

good suggestion.

But here the issue is not because i have taken dowry i got into this problem. The issue is that the girls family had set me up with false cases to extort money from me.
I think this forum is about the issues regarding to 498a or related cases, mostly false cases.
If you really harass ur wife for dowry or something else then i dont think this forum for those kind of people.

Sorry, no offense.

A lot of victims have been setup with false cases which were planned from inception of wedding, and I believe none of them had taken dowry. Yes, we all understand that 498a is applicable in cases of harassment and not in cases like yours where it was willingly given.
Just saying that the entire practice of give and take is an offense, and should be curtailed

Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:14 am

unless these bitches are invested, marriages are going to become a lossy trade for men

this is good example where money taken before marriage provided him room to breathe while cases are on
your effective cost of getting rid of bitch is 8 lakhs, congrats!!

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:23 am

jadwal46 wrote:
unless these bitches are invested, marriages are going to become a lossy trade for men

this is good example where money taken before marriage provided him room to breathe while cases are on
your effective cost of getting rid of bitch is 8 lakhs, congrats!!

thank you, I am very happy that i am able to get rid of that bastard girls family for just 8 lakhs. they were planning to extort at least 60 - 80 lakhs. I feel this is a huge victory because, if you practically , i fucked that bastard family's daughter by taking 10 lakhs money from them for interest for three 3 years. I returned them money with interest :).

yes, i agree taking dowry is not good. but this is not the platform to talk about that.
here we should not deviate from the topic, this forum's intention is fight against the misuse of 498a or related laws but not to fight against dowry taking practice.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:24 pm

rajeevn91 wrote:
kumar_lfh wrote:
rajeevn91 wrote:

good suggestion.

Sorry, no offense.

A lot of victims have been setup with false cases which were planned from inception of wedding, and I believe none of them had taken dowry. Yes, we all understand that 498a is applicable in cases of harassment and not in cases like yours where it was willingly given.
Just saying that the entire practice of give and take is an offense, and should be curtailed

yes, i agree taking dowry is not good. but this is not the platform to talk about that.
here we should not deviate from the topic, this forum's intention is fight against the misuse of 498a or related laws but not to fight against dowry taking practice.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:24 pm

siranjeet wrote:

giving small amount for marriage arrangements/gifts/shaguns and there after demanding huge amount for settlement of marital dispute is common practice in India is nothing but LEGAL EXTORTION

1 slow and continous(Marriage pension)- maintenance case(125 crpc , 18 HAMA, 24 HMA, DV)

2 Instant and large(commuted Marriage Pension)- MCD and settlement for false case(DP3/4, 498A,406,DV etc.)

bro u r in a wrong forum then,

Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:25 pm

This forum is meant to create awareness of the misuse of 498a. If people continue to take dowry, laws like 498a will exist and so will misuse

Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:53 pm

kumar_lfh wrote:
siranjeet wrote:

bro u r in a wrong forum then,

bro i am also talking about misuse of 498a and u are feeling guilty and the is no question whether u had taken dowry or not

Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:49 pm

So finally what's your plans, how do you plan to get marry again, what precautions are you taking?
What do you learn from your first marriage and what steps are you going to implement in second marriage?
Are you going to take dowry again in second marriage, so lost of 18 lac is going to come back?
Please advise

Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:14 am

India is known as a dowry land because of this practice since wheneva
Even if dowry stopped. . 498a and its other cousins will neva go...beacuse its a dukaan for the police and lawyers....thats y they keep getting richer
Morally ethically its wrong to take dowry
And men in india are destined to endure this worst hell created by all who misuse this law
But there is another thing called karma

Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:23 am

santoshd123 wrote:
So finally what's your plans, how do you plan to get marry again, what precautions are you taking?
What do you learn from your first marriage and what steps are you going to implement in second marriage?
Are you going to take dowry again in second marriage, so lost of 18 lac is going to come back?
Please advise

the above statement looks sarcastic and marriage is not a business to recover the lost money. Also i want to mention it that the case was not set up against me for taking dowry. The case was lodged against me to extort money from me.

there is nothing wrong that i did with my first wife for to learn something from that. I was hardly 20 days with my wife before they filed case against me. As i said it was a trap to extort money from me. they planned this before marriage itself.

yes I am getting married once i get divorce , may be in next 2014 june. I am only 30 years old now and thats the reason i gave 8 lakhs more to get rid of that 498a family so that i can get married again.

but this time if the second girl also files 498a against me then I am going to fight the case with out giving the money.

Last edited by kumar_lfh on Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:16 pm

stuckin498a wrote:
This forum is meant to create awareness of the misuse of 498a. If people continue to take dowry, laws like 498a will exist and so will misuse

I am not supporting taking dowry, and 498a case came into existence to stop people harrasing wife for dowry but not to stop people from taking dowry if the girl's family are willing to give dowry before marriage.

taking dowry is a crime already in indian law. I dont think 498a is for that purpose.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:20 pm

kumar_lfh wrote:
santoshd123 wrote:
Please advise

the above statement looks sarcastic and marriage is not a business to recover the lost money. Also i want to mention it that the case was not set up against me for taking dowry. The case was lodged against me to extort money from me.

there is nothing wrong that i did with my first wife for to learn something from that. I was hardly 20 days with my wife before they filed case against me. As i said it was a trap to extort money from me. they planned this before marriage itself.

yes I am getting married once i get divorce , may be in next 2014 june. I am only 30 years old now and thats the reason i gave 8 lakhs more to get rid of that 498a family so that i can get married again.

but this time if the second girl also files 498a against me then I am going to fight the case with out giving the money.

Looks like he is going to take dowry in second marriage

Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:59 am

kumar_lfh wrote:
stuckin498a wrote:

I am not supporting taking dowry, and 498a case came into existence to stop people harrasing wife for dowry but not to stop people from taking dowry if the girl's family are willing to give dowry before marriage.

taking dowry is a crime already in indian law. I dont think 498a is for that purpose.

Yes, 498a is for harassing; and DP 3/4 is for taking dowry. So your point is that you should only have been prosecuted under DP 3/4 ?

Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:00 am

I think, your in an Ideal world. Dowry taken or not taken or given to girl will put you in 498a once girl wants to. So, don't equate money exchange to 498a.

stuckin498a wrote:

Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:34 pm

DP3 only since he didn't ask for more dowry... Also, did the girls family get prosecuted for giving dowry ????
In India, husbands are low hanging fruits
stuckin498a wrote:
Yes, 498a is for harassing; and DP 3/4 is for taking dowry. So your point is that you should only have been prosecuted under DP 3/4 ?

Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:35 pm

stuckin498a wrote:
kumar_lfh wrote:
stuckin498a wrote:

i dont mid if i am prosecuted under DP 3/4 . every body should abide to law. This forum is for misue of 498a. i dont think u should complain if a 498a is filed against you correctly.

498a is good law but it being misused.

Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:13 pm

stuckin498a wrote:
kumar_lfh wrote:
santoshd123 wrote:
Please advise

Looks like he is going to take dowry in second marriage

I dont know what is ur problem man.

in south INDIA , dowry is a common practice. Even if the boy dont want , girls family will give dowry. but for second marriage it will be different. forget about dowry getting a nice girl for second marriage itself is great.

I am again telling you, if somebody takes dowry they should be prosecuted under DP 3/4 but not user 498a.

498a is for harrasing wife in any manner, it might not be just for dowry.

Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:16 pm

separating DP-3+4 from 498a is of academic interest only

Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:08 pm

Mr.Kumar,
After settlement of 498a case, Most of our 498a brothers are in dilemma how to proceed next,
I hope your answers will be guidelines for them.

Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:44 pm

for 4 years what you and your family has gone through and public humiliation and wastage of life's prime years in this bullshit, whats the value of that.

Is it all about money?

how can you post it as success story, this is shameful

i dont think its a success story

Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:31 am

PotentialVictim wrote:
for 4 years what you and your family has gone through and public humiliation and wastage of life's prime years in this bullshit, whats the value of that.

Is it all about money?

how can you post it as success story, this is shameful

i dont think its a success story

Yes, i have gone through lot of problems and it was very sorrowful. I experienced lot of pain by seeing my parents tensions about cases and also about me.

So , what do you want me to do. To kill the whole 498a family and go to jail and cause more pain to my parents?

there is not much we can do , once a 498a file is cases lodged against you, if you decide to fight with them then u have to waste your 10 years of valuable time causing more pain to parents.

I am considering this as a success story because i am happy that my parents can have peace of mind in two ways, one is about the cases and other is that i will get married.

I am 30 years old and i thought by compromising on this 498a case i will again have chance to start new life. but if i was 40 years old then i would not have gone for compromise instead i would have gone for cases itself. Anyway this is my personal opinion.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:47 pm

santoshd123 wrote:
Mr.Kumar,
After settlement of 498a case, Most of our 498a brothers are in dilemma how to proceed next,
I hope your answers will be guidelines for them.

Hi santosh, I am 30 years old and once i get divorce in july next year I am planning to get married and start a new life.

But as somebody asked me, what i will do if the second wife also puts 498a on me then My answer is next time i am going to fight against the case by staying in INDIA itself instead of staying in US. Inn that way I can make sure that my parents dont have ti take much tensions in going to courts and meeting lawyers.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:50 pm

Mr.Kumar,
I agree little bit with your personal situation and disagree with other statements.
If you attend SIFF meetings, The first and foremost thing they tell you is don't agree for extortion amount. As you are the software engineer (NRI) who afford to pay ransom amount and settle personal scores. But there are other members also who couldn't able to afford to bail security deposit money.
I read some fellow members stories where in spite of taking huge settlement amount filled fake charges again to extort more monies.
For every problem there will be a possible solution.
In your case, you could have easily taken divorce decree in USA and get married again as well.
After getting bail nobody bother your parents, they don't have to go on every date, just apply for personal exception and fight on merits.
How many people you want me to show you. I can send you the judgements copies also.
Most of the people get confuse 498a and divorce are both totally separate . You being in a foreign country has plenty of opportunities to pursue.
from your statements it looks you are getting remarried in HMA with possible little or no dowry as its custom in south India. So I wish you and your family shouldn't have to face 498a situation again, but unfortunately if it happened again within 1 year of your marriage, still you will be 31 years old and i'm sure you don't want waste your 10 more years fighting 498a case.
So what kind of precautions you suggest your fellow fighters to take for safe side. Please advise ?

Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:47 pm

santoshd123 wrote:
Mr.Kumar,
I agree little bit with your personal situation and disagree with other statements.
If you attend SIFF meetings, The first and foremost thing they tell you is don't agree for extortion amount. As you are the software engineer (NRI) who afford to pay ransom amount and settle personal scores. But there are other members also who couldn't able to afford to bail security deposit money.
I read some fellow members stories where in spite of taking huge settlement amount filled fake charges again to extort more monies.
For every problem there will be a possible solution.
In your case, you could have easily taken divorce decree in USA and get married again as well.
After getting bail nobody bother your parents, they don't have to go on every date, just apply for personal exception and fight on merits.
How many people you want me to show you. I can send you the judgements copies also.
Most of the people get confuse 498a and divorce are both totally separate . You being in a foreign country has plenty of opportunities to pursue.
from your statements it looks you are getting remarried in HMA with possible little or no dowry as its custom in south India. So I wish you and your family shouldn't have to face 498a situation again, but unfortunately if it happened again within 1 year of your marriage, still you will be 31 years old and i'm sure you don't want waste your 10 more years fighting 498a case.
So what kind of precautions you suggest your fellow fighters to take for safe side. Please advise ?

there are some reasons for which i have decided to pay 18 lakhs, and that reasons might not apply to all.

The 498a batch cheated me for money, i dont consider that they married the girl to me as normal but they treated marriage as a business venture. They gave 10 lakhs as dowry and planned to get like 70 -80 lakhs from this deal.

i didnt yield to them and went for case and the case ran for 3 1/2 years. I wanted to make sure that this business deal is a flop for them. I want to make sure that they should know that they did is a wrong thing by cheating me.

The Reason i decided to give 18 lakhs to them is , if u take 3 rupees interest for 3 1/2 years it will be almost 8 lakhs for 3 years.

that too i am not giving them the whole money at once, i just gave 4 lakhs when the 498a and DVC were quashed and said that I will give 14 lakhs when i get divorce. This is the very reason i feel I won on them.

The reason I am settling this with money is , i feel anything can happen by mistake for 1 time and I want to treat this as it happened by bad luck and hope good luck for next marriage.

for your question, what if second wife also lodges a case in 1 year, yes I will be 31 years old at that time, but I dont believe that same thing can happen twice by bad luck.

I will consider that it as my fate and will fate against it but will not pay money and settle it.

as I said, I want to take a chance with my life by settling this issue which might have happened because of bad luck.

this might not apply to everybody as i said. this is my take on my life.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:59 pm

Mr.Kumar,

I Wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors. I strongly believe that 2014 will bring you happiness, health and will allow you to put all of your bad memories and experiences in the past.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:18 pm

Everytime I see a thread saying 498a/DV is quashed in success stories thread. I get excited and hope that the case is quashed on legal merits and expect to read something worthwhile. however its disappointing to find that the case was settled for an amount.

Folks please rename your threads or open threads as "Settled for XX lakhs 498a/DVC withdrawn" that makes more sense, especially for those people who are pursuing quashes themselves and are looking for inputs/info

All cases are individual, and its the original poster's prerogative to settle for an amount so let it be, and kumar dude, please dont suggest that all south indians take dowry, I am south indian as it can get and I did not take dowry by either cash or cheque/dd

Cheer's and Happy new year

Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:18 pm

paying a huge amount for settlement-whether a come under success stories or failure stories ?----lol

Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:33 pm

mukund wrote:
Everytime I see a thread saying 498a/DV is quashed in success stories thread. I get excited and hope that the case is quashed on legal merits and expect to read something worthwhile. however its disappointing to find that the case was settled for an amount.

Folks please rename your threads or open threads as "Settled for XX lakhs 498a/DVC withdrawn" that makes more sense, especially for those people who are pursuing quashes themselves and are looking for inputs/info

All cases are individual, and its the original poster's prerogative to settle for an amount so let it be, and kumar dude, please dont suggest that all south indians take dowry, I am south indian as it can get and I did not take dowry by either cash or cheque/dd

mukund, i just said taking dowry is a custom in south INDIA and especially in my state AP. Can you deny this?

Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:47 pm

santoshd123 wrote:
Mr.Kumar,

I Wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors. I strongly believe that 2014 will bring you happiness, health and will allow you to put all of your bad memories and experiences in the past.

Thank you Santosh, I wish you a very happy new year 2014.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:49 pm

kumar_lfh wrote:
mukund wrote:

mukund, i just said taking dowry is a custom in south INDIA and especially in my state AP. Can you deny this?

I know quite a few Andhraites who have not taken or gave dowry. So please don't generalize.

Look, it is good that you are out of this mess. No one is judging you that you gave money to settle your case. Every case is unique.
But if in future you want to spread awareness of misuse of 498a then atleast start by advising that custom of dowry should be eradicated.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:33 pm

kumar123 wrote:
DP3 only since he didn't ask for more dowry... Also, did the girls family get prosecuted for giving dowry ????
stuckin498a wrote:

Girls can be prosecuted for giving dowry had the guy's family filed the case at appropriate stage. Police won't file a suo moto case

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:35 pm

Kumar
i am in same boat.Can you give me your mailid.I will contact you.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:10 pm

NO DP3 on wife. Can you explain how can this be done? Plz list the process if you know as nobody in AP files these.

Also, girls flaunt before marriage saying, we are giving u money/property to take care of my daughter and also so that daughter won't get any share in her fathers property.

I will show you 1000's of families who are going through DP3 even after not taking dowry.

rajeevn91 wrote:
kumar123 wrote:
stuckin498a wrote:

Girls can be prosecuted for giving dowry had the guy's family filed the case at appropriate stage. Police won't file a suo moto case

Fri May 09, 2014 12:20 pm

DP3 on girls family would not work in Andhra Pradesh.

Fri May 09, 2014 6:51 pm

@kumar_lfh

U said that u gave 18L against 10L.

Did u receive 10L in cash?

Did u do business with 10L & earned more than 8L?

If u actually earned more than 8L & the opposite party did not claim their 10L, then your decision was wise.

I would mention here that the term DOWRY is used by girls side only. For boys side it is SECURITY. When marriage takes place then the married lady is entitled in share of all the assets of groom. It can not be done in FREE, practically. Therefore, something, u call it dowry or security or gift, is given to groom ONE TIME on marriage. On the other hand, the groom maintains his wife for WHOLE LIFE. She is also entitled to the share of his property.

Now tell me, what is wrong in giving 5L, 10L, or 15L to groom in marriage.

Instead, it is wrong to marry without any security.

Rather, NO SECURITY taken from girl side will mean that she will walk away anytime from your home. This is not marriage, this is live-in.

So take enough security 2nd time also.

Sat May 10, 2014 8:57 am

dowry or no dowry .. the consequences of 498a/DV are same

Fri May 23, 2014 3:22 am

I am from AP as well. NO dowry marriages take place very very rarely.
that's true.

Ladies are taking this for granted and using it as a weapon nowadays.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]