It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ] 
Attributes of a good lawyer - you wish your lawyer had ! 
forum Moderator

Friends,

We all had the same thing when we got into the legal world protecting ourself and our near and dear ones - Get help from a good lawyer.

This topic is to collect opinions from most of you, what would you like to have in a your lawyer.

We intend to come up with a mini guide to help our members in selecting the right lawyer, by looking for these attributes in prospective lawyer and making an informed decision.

Please reply and help others make the right decision. We are not asking you to name your lawyer, just what you like about the lawyer and what you do not like about your lawyer and wish he/she would do to make you more satisfied.

yours,

- Satya

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:44 am

Satya, very good initiative :!:

These are few ones that comes to my mind because these are the ones I did not find in my first lawyer so had to change. though, even my current lawyer lacks couple of them but still better than none.

1) Professionalism - This should be visible in his conduct. One can check that easily in first 2-3 hearings itself.
2) Responsiveness - It should not take more than 2 emails + an sms at max to get him answer the client's query.
3) Informative - Keep client informed, engaged and updated with relevant developments.
4) Attention - He should give required attention to the case. Its time to change the lawyer if he has not even read the copy of wife's complaint and has been sending his junior only on basis of mere discussions with the client.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:29 am

5) Smart - should be able to react positively in unforeseen circumstances in Court
6) Attitude - should have a 'client first' attitude
7) Efficient in workload management -should not take up plethora of cases and lag every single one of them
8) Integrity - should be trustworthy
9) Should be able to uphold client's best interest and not judge's ego

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:09 pm

10)He should know- How to send sms and email reply, how to send scanned copy of documents!
Its not a joke. I have seen that non of the advocates give reply to our sms or emails.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:04 pm
forum Moderator

Looking for more replies !

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:42 am

false498a_winner wrote:
10)He should know- How to send sms and email reply, how to send scanned copy of documents!
Its not a joke. I have seen that non of the advocates give reply to our sms or emails.

lawyers dont want people getting tangible evidence of their miscreant acts if things go wrong.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:46 am

There are many qualities which our lawyer should have, but I would like to suggest you guys to share the names of advocates in different cities, whom they found reliable and competent, and the recommendation here should be by someone who is real victim not some agent of advocate i.e. genuine recommendation. The guy recommending should be approved by the admin of this forum, so that no one can misguide us. Because its hard to find good lawyer.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:33 pm

harassedby498a wrote:
There are many qualities which our lawyer should have, but I would like to suggest you guys to share the names of advocates in different cities, whom they found reliable and competent, and the recommendation here should be by someone who is real victim not some agent of advocate i.e. genuine recommendation. The guy recommending should be approved by the admin of this forum, so that no one can misguide us. Because its hard to find good lawyer.

it is a big ask from my point of view. more over one lawyer may be effective for a client and ineffective for another. Its true that we are all victims of gender biased laws so we can name our good or bad lawyers but the fact is all our cases differ from each other with varying circumstances. Also, dont forget there is a difference between selecting a lawyer with a reference and, on basis of qualities. Selecting a referred lawyer poses more risk than quality based lawyer. And, my experience says that even attributes of a good lawyer are known only when you engage him for atleast 2-3 hearings. Always be ready to make a shift.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:47 pm

Each and every lawyer does have his own strategy which we don't know.

At the end of the day, what one sees is to come out of trouble.

The lawyer who does this is a good lawyer.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:04 pm

rsaxena wrote:
harassedby498a wrote:

it is a big ask from my point of view. more over one lawyer may be effective for a client and ineffective for another. Its true that we are all victims of gender biased laws so we can name our good or bad lawyers but the fact is all our cases differ from each other with varying circumstances. Also, dont forget there is a difference between selecting a lawyer with a reference and, on basis of qualities. Selecting a referred lawyer poses more risk than quality based lawyer. And, my experience says that even attributes of a good lawyer are known only when you engage him for atleast 2-3 hearings. Always be ready to make a shift.

Better than experimenting lawyers and by the time that 'good lawyer' is discovered the case is already fucked up

Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:15 pm
forum Moderator

True, by the time you get to the right lawyer, your case may be in quite bad shape due to wrong advice or wrong strategy by your previous incompetent lawyer.

a) What are the signs that the lawyer you are considering is not the right one for your case?

b) What are the warning signs that you should be looking for a different lawyer.

c) What gives you confidence in a lawyer

- Satya

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:51 pm

Some of the warning signs which can be seen as heads up to change lawyer:
1. Lawyers talks big, but no action even after 10 days of confirmed communication from your side on needed action from him/her.
2. Lawyer does not take your calls let alone returning them.
3. Tries to intimidate you about 498a case outcome and that you are in big soup now and all possible crap.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:46 am

satya wrote:
True, by the time you get to the right lawyer, your case may be in quite bad shape due to wrong advice or wrong strategy by your previous incompetent lawyer.

a) What are the signs that the lawyer you are considering is not the right one for your case? My case: lawyer did not look at any evidence we had at FIr or chargesheet stage. Believed us aand fought. at cross he ask for what we have and we provided, he used same as evidence against the complainant and exhibited same aftefer the complainant admited the same.

b) What are the warning signs that you should be looking for a different lawyer. save your evidence. especially imortant ones. show him the little and grittles to start with. during initial proceedings its all on facts and what your lawyers puts in petition and not what you have evidence for.........

c) What gives you confidence in a lawyer (senior lawyer of LC: lets see..... let the case run for 1 year and see ther result turning to ummmmmmm you win :)

- Satya

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:04 pm

harassedby498a wrote:
rsaxena wrote:
harassedby498a wrote:

Better than experimenting lawyers and by the time that 'good lawyer' is discovered the case is already fucked up

one can discover a good lawyer only when he has done some good to you and with your case....and you can not find it before hiring him. and it is always upto you how much you let your lawyer fuck your case up....that is why I said..always be prepared to fire whom you hire....

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:54 pm

Most of the lawyers are worried about the money.
Dukaan chalani hai...galae me maal ana chaiheye
498 package is one sandwich every lawyer wants
Both the sides lawyer make big bucks but the winner of the 2 comes out who does more efforts than the other and termed as a good lawyer.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:14 pm

Nothing is ideal in the world. One has to put his own effort to make the lawyer perform better.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:12 pm

galsober wrote:
Nothing is ideal in the world. One has to put his own effort to make the lawyer perform better.

more than 100% agree with Gal

as every lawyer have to attend so many cases and deal with so many persons/victims having different problems

ur own efforts and valuable inputs and ur guidelines regarding ur case will increase ur success rate as u are only concerned with ur case

Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:49 am

Experience: he great experience in this field.
Understanding: He must have big understanding level.
Ability to communicate: He must have good communication skills, so that he deliver your case in a good way.
Availability : whenever you're in trouble, he must available at that place to defended you.
Rapport: Is this someone you can get along with? Good relationship with you and good result produce for your business.
References: You don't ask references but you ask that did he deal this type of case or not if yes then what is the result of this case.
Reasonable fees: He must take very reasonable fees.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:33 am
Profile WWW

He needs to update his knowledge about latest judgements and use them effectively in our favour. Our efforts work a helping hand in the case.
He should not just blow his trumpet in front of us but should be able to convince the judge through his argument. Remember all these 498a cases etc are cooked so expert lawyer can easily crack the code.
Now these lawyers run a dukaan so they won't let you run the show and wrap it up quick..They will make you go through the process (long and frustrating) and charge you time to time (their regular income)

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:40 am

every case has merits and demerits
the lawyer who has ability to highlight merits and shadow demerits ->his success rate will be more
presence of mind and personal interest also increase the success rate

Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:12 pm

I think a good Lawyer have so many qualities. Like Lawyer must understand the whole case. Good thinking ability, charge affordable fee and other one as well.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:45 pm
Profile WWW

Will it make sense to post old cases or cases of experienced senior members that are already resolved. Link to those cases. New victims can look at those and may be use same lawyers

Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:20 am

I reqeust admin to seek support from this group and contact them, there are many families affected by this rogue law in India and abroad I am sure we all can influence political parties to abolish this grossly misused law in India in this election season

http://aajtak.intoday.in/story/harassed ... 54420.html

Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:02 pm

If a Lawyer is himself a victim of the any false cases, that will be most suitable for the case.

Others:

1. must not accompany with client everywhere i.e. police stations etc since his job starts from the Court. In very very exigent situation visit the PS with client. Otherwise he is a broker who negotiates with khaki and saves client by sucking the blood. He may pose a legal point to the client over the telephone, what PS guys can do as per law and what are your rights and what will in worst to worsten situation they will do. In this way client may be relived mentally and aware of his legal right before entering the PS.

2. An experienced & serious lawyer knows the direction in which a case will move & what are the outcomes.

3. NEVER EVER GIVE COPIES OF ALL DOCUMENTS, RECORDS, TO THE LAWYER ALSO HE SHOULD NOT ASK OR KEEP AT HIS PLACE ALL COPIES OF DOCUMENTS PERTAINING TO THE CASE.

4. He must fight till end, he must have a vision as well a focus on a cause/reason behind with which his client is fighting the case.

5. Every 498A case initiated by other side IF LAWYER IS SAYING FOR A COMPROMISE OR MAKING PRESSURE UPON CLIENT, THE CLIENT SHOULD CHANGE IMMEDIATELY THE LAWYER.

6. THE CLIENT MUST CROSS EXAMINE/CROSS VERIFIED WITH OTHER LAWYERS IN COURT COMPLEXES OR CONSULT WITH OTHER LAWYERS SO THAT YOUR OWN LAWYER MAY NOT BEFOOL YOU AND HE MUST BE WELL INFORMED THAT YOU ARE NOT A NOVICE.

7. A LAWYER MUST NOT ASK ALWAYS FOR MONEIES FOR FULFILLING HIS WORK OR OBJECTIVE IN THIS WAY HE IS JUST LIKE A LEECH. HE MUST WORK ON SOUND PRINCIPLES OF LAW OF LAND NOT ON FIXING THE MATCHES.

8. A LAWYER MUST GIVE TO HIS CLIENT THE NECESSARIES COPIES/ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WHENEVER CLIENT DEMAND.

9. HE SHOULD NOT ASK THE ORIGINAL TO KEEP IN HIS FILE AS THAT ARE REQUIRED ONLY IN COURT AT THE TIME OF DEFENCE OR AS EVIDENCE.

10. CLIENT MUST VISIT LAWYER OCCASSIONALY AND WITHOUT PRE- INFORMING THEM, SO AS TO CHECK WHAT THE LAWYER DO IN HIS TIME AFTER COURT HOURS. THIS WILL GIVEN AN INSIGHT IN HIS WORKING STYLE. YOU WILL SEE A GOOD LAWYER GENERALLY ENGAGED IN READING SC JUDGEMENTS/CASES/CASE FILES/PREPARATION FOR THE NEXT DATE CASES. THEY EQUIPP THEMSELVES WITH ALL LATEST NEWS AND HAPPENINGS.

11. EVERY BIG NAME AND FAME LAWYER MAY NOT BE SUITABLE IN ALL 498A CASES. "EVIDENCES" PERTAINING TO CASE ITSELF REVEALS AND CONVEYS A FALSE CASE A FALSE. SO BIG & FAT ASS LAWYERS CHARGE MORE EVEN IN AN ABSCENCE APPLICATION FROM COURT PROCEEDINGS.

12. HE MUST BE WELL VERSED WITH THE DECIDED SC CASES.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:52 pm
Profile ICQ

a victim become lawyer will be more efficient than lawyer become victim as advocate

Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:42 am

I rerecently went thru mediation on 498a. I live in pune. As per my lawyer instruction I signed an agreement, which I have to search job outside pune within six months.And once my wife join my company then only she will quash 498.I got anticipatory bail on these terms. I signed only to get anticipatory bail. Satya please guide me how should I approach. I don't want to stay with her after so many false allegations. Please help. My lawyer is most trustworthy.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:37 am

Sorry I mean to say my lawyer is not trustworthy. I'm working in IT company and I'm born n brought in pune. I've my own parents house

Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:40 am

This is how one should find a good lawyer-

One should go and spend time in court where the cases are running. Spend lot of time eating, smoking, taking xerox copies near the court and ask all these shopkeepers about who are the best lawyers in a particular case. If needed one should repeat this activity for a couple of days.Once you hear a name more than twice than inquire about that particular lawyer in a couple of more places. Experience counts. Experience and fame is the best combination one should look at. If we have budget constraints than we should leave the top two three lawyers who charges heavily. Then one should meet the lawyer and discuss the case. Most probably you have landed with a good lawyer with most of the attributes which we wish. But any good lawyer will have loads of cases and will be short of time. We should not expect a good lawyer sitting idle with no work. We will have to be prepared to work according to his time schedule to get the optimum result. We should not expect a lawyer sending frequent emails or smss. Lawyers will never leave any proof of their work. They only use emails for sending and receiving documents. Trust your lawyer. Every lawyer is not for sale, but unfortunately many are.

Sat May 31, 2014 10:50 am

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

- Can i know whether it is good to ask what section/crpc or law details that he approach on each task and ask details. This is just to make sure he is not fooling client etc. Is it the right expectation from client ? Whether he should be able to explain/share details upto certain point on how he is using the law in order to achieve certain task?
- In terms of money negotiations/payments, Can i know how much is the initial installment and other installments that we should be paying to him after solving the specific tasks like Bail, Quash or other things?

- Can we know how much is the money that we can pay for Bail, Quashing the case, DVC and Maintenance cases? Any benchmarks or range that we can pay for particular task?

- How lawyer needs to handle negotiations for mutual consent? what attributes to look for whether he is capable of handling or settling negotiations etc?
- Is there a chance lawyer can get certain signatures or signed papers from client and work for opposite party or fool ourselves?

Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:08 am

Apart from good knowledge, argument skills, IQ etc (the usual lawyer stuff)

available, honest (atleast with us), contacts in police and judiciary,

Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:03 pm

My bitch has a good lawyer. She jst signs and waits for result.

Assistant take care of paper work, He stands for arguments. If decision is against he takes everyone to task, ie judge or babus etc. My judge will think twice before delivering a judgement, atleast not when he is present in crt room.

More over is trustworthy.

I asked my lawyer to speak and settle case with xyz option. It happened the other way
He got sold result went the opposite way and then came with zyx option.

I have now taken the case in my hand. My previous exp led me not to depend totally on him. didnt gave all details.

I still have the axe to hit.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:35 pm

We should also start a post with title Attributes of a good client- a lawyer's wish!

We want our lawyers to be competent yet free of workload.
We want them to reply to our sms's and email's. As if they have no other client to deal with.
We want our lawyers to change the mindset of judge and we cannot even change the mindsets of our wives.
We are accused in the eyes of law and we want our lawyers to make sure that the judges treat us like victims.
We do not spend time and effort before choosing our lawyers and then blame the whole lawyer fraternity because of the misdeeds of a person wearing a black coat.

In India we have useless doctors, useless teachers, useless politicians, useless police officers, useless mechanics, useless carpenters, useless plumbers, useless financial advisers and useless lawyers. It is our duty to do our homework before selecting our lawyer. It is our case and our life is at risk. We must understand that any good lawyer will have a lot of work and we cannot expect them to be replying our sms's and emails. We will have to take his appointment and meet him at regular intervals so that he could have a fruitful discussion with his client. He should be paid for the time he spends in the case and not on the basis of outcome of the case. He should be respected for the efforts he puts and not on the results. Results depends on many factors including the merits of our case, mindset of the judge etc.
A lawyer is not there to discuss and teach his client the complete criminal procedure and the future techniques that he will apply. A criminal case is like a chess game. A good lawyer only plans his next few moves at a time and it all depends on the opposite party. We must only speak to him on the current stage of the case and do our research independent of the lawyer and co operate with him by providing inputs from your end. A good client should always pursue his case because any good lawyer will have hundreds of cases to earn his living and the client who pursue his case will get better results out of them.
All lawyers are not for sale. But unfortunately some are.Always hire a lawyer with reputation and always keep tab on your case. Maintain good relationship with your lawyer and always be soft spoken. Build trust with your lawyer and not friendship. The day he starts respecting you, your problem is solved.

I respect my lawyer and I know that all lawyers are not incompetent or for sale.

I am taking the side of lawyers but I not a lawyer. I am a financial adviser. I help cash rich people to invest in financial products and help them to achieve tax efficient returns with managed risk. People who do not do any research before choosing a financial adviser come to me for advise :).

Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:47 pm

wellwisher wrote:
People who do not do any research before choosing a financial adviser come to me for advise :).

Not meaning to offend but the above line does not put you in a great light as a professional. As a adviser it is my duty to tell the rates the client will have to pay, the services he will get in it. After that it is my duty to manage his interests. If I take more than I can chew (having more clients I can manage because of my greed of money), it will not just affect my ability but also my acumen and my ability to justify the outcomes for client.

Financial world and legal world are a lot different my friend. Everybody invests in same company and your research is limited to companies but every case has different areas and different place for investigation..so do not mix law and Finance..

By the way I am also a Fin guy with a taste for law.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:31 am

I think a good lawyer is just a good lawyer who does what he is suppose to do, with utmost authenticity.

Hemant Jain
Rohini District Park, Sector 14,
Near Gate No. 2., Delhi - 110085

Co-ordination No. 9811850498/ 9953999173

Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:44 am

@498asuffrer

I may be a bad professional financial adviser but I am a reasonable person by heart. I just intended to add some humor to the otherwise serious posts from all my friends.

I agree that any professional lawyer should have most of the qualities as desired by most of us. But we have to understand that we are no one to teach them what should they do or how they should behave or how much work load they should take or how much they should charge. Any professional has the freedom to decide these things as per their business interests.

It is our duty to do due diligence and choose the lawyer who is most professional of the lot & is transparent with his fees. We must also understand that any good lawyer or doctor or for that matter any good professional has to be overloaded by work.

My limited point is that we must do proper due diligence and then choose our lawyers. We can always disengage any lawyer if we find that he is not interested in our case or is not competent enough for the case. We should also work towards building trust with our lawyer to get the best out of him.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:08 am

As one of our friends Said ' He Should do what he is supposed to do'. & that is wht v want.

Lawyers mostly come to a decision what result is. Let the Judge decide.
U fight the case and try to protect/save client. Mostly Men, who have their backs to the wall.

Its always the Husband who has to fight against DV, Maint, Custody etc....
Lawyers want to make quick money and get out.

As I said My Wife jst signs the notice/Affidavit without going through it and waits for the RESULT.
In her cross she even mentioned she is not aware of what has been mention in it.
-Still her competent lawyer is able to turn the tide. 'Mera Lawyer kutte sa Malik ki baat manta hai' outside crt and they come out with a decision. He then frightens me 'This is going to be the result'.

LC i am able to contest as I am now pretty much aware of the proceedings and fighting my case.

Some might say change ur LAWYER, my Question is How many times and how much I pay every time again if i default in Maint. Procedure for attachment passes & the negativity creeps in judges mind and all my application/request for custody etc is rejected.

Let me tell u I went to HC after she appealed in HC. Lawyers fees 3-5 lacs (result Not Guranteed),
my calculation & strategy
If I keep this in FD I get 3-4000/- & I can pay through it.
If she remarries I am out.
After my case is over I will make her run 2 crt every time for money.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:37 am

Hi

This is ravi kanth who has undergone all the gender biased cases and got out of it fruitfully as i did not depend on any lawyer. As usual the lawyer i appointed played fraud so i myself took up the case and cameout of it.

Attributes of a good lawyer:
There is nothing as such a good lawyer of a fradulent lawyer a lawyer is a lawyer and his/her aim is to mint money by palying with the emotions of the victim.

As a victim as a legal btech and mba graduate my suggestion is take advice of victims like me so that everything falls in place and there is scope of getting out of false gender biased cases in proper channel.

Would be happy if can be of help.

Regards,
Ravi Kanth,

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:58 am

Beware of people who claims to be a victim cum lawyer.

Always hire a professional lawyer with experience in dealing various kinds of criminal cases including matrimonial cases.

Some people are using this site to get clients for themselves. Before trusting anyone, kindly go through their posts and see how free they are with sharing their experiences. And if someone gives his phone no. openly, kindly go through his posts before calling him.

Kindly look at the quality of posts and not the quantity of posts. Some people write anything to increase the count. Beware of such people specially if you are planning to engage them in anyway.

Beware of people who offers a package deal to contest your cases.

Hire a professional lawyer, if you can afford one. Otherwise contest the cases yourself by taking free help from people who claims to be victim cum lawyers.

I hope everyone will take my advice seriously.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:02 pm

A Good Lawyer as I feel must posses the following attributes -
1. Procedural Approach.
2. Transparency to Client.
3. Prompt in action.
4. Logical analysis and clear briefing to clients.
5. Helpful

Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:35 am

A good lawyer not only reads the law but he also reads the judge.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:35 am

Hi all

my ex is now running behind me making efforts through her own self, through lawyer & through my relatives to do MCD as she is frustrated with all these bullshit created by her. In fact her father pleaded before the judge that the police is not responding us & even not picking their phone (obviously due to not providing of Vitamin M to them).

now, I wish to know that what should I do, should I fix a meeting or should I keep them waiting & crying as they did with me by not picking my phones & not responding messages.(i.e,m tit for tat)- I have already told them 2-3 time that I'll tell you the date of meeting but has not responded them.

can I ask for compensation from them in lieu of MCD, can they trap me in asking for compensation. is it safe to ask or not as I dont want to spare them for free for doing such brutuality with me & my parents.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:53 am

robinsharma,

do you really believe that your query fits in this thread of forum....???

please post your query in a relevant thread or create one for it....

and next time do check the title of thread before posting any query in it....

and stop spamming....just found you have posted same question in two more threads which are related to some other agenda...

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:18 am

Just read this in the Krishna key by Ashwin Sanghi, Good Lawyers know the Judge, best lawyer know the Jailor...

I agree with what @wellwisher mentioned as it also satisfies the criteria of Local Lawyers. To me, a good local lawyer makes more sense than excellent non-local.

Not only our country is diverse, the courts and Judges are even more diverse, only a good local lawyer would be well aware of how to best exploit any situation in your favor.

RSingh
Sahodar Support Group
Weekly Meeting:
Every Saturday, 4pm-6pm
Jungpura Metro Park,
Near Defence Colony
New Delhi
Whatsapp no. 7827645601

Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:26 pm

my son got the contested divorce , due to cruelty by wife, we awaiting the judgement copy, in Bangalore.
Dv case is going onin Coimbatore since Jan.2013, we went for appeal to Chennai high court regarding jurisdiction, which is pending.
want the guidance to Dismiss/ Quash the Dv case.

Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi all,

There was a suggestion somewhere in the thread that we exchange the names of lawyers with whom we've had success and good experience. Here is mine:

I filed for divorce in Mysore family court in mid 2010, she then filed 498a and all the regular stuff that goes along with that against me and my parents. Four years down the line, mediators from both families negotiated a lokadalat settlement - we got a divorce, we paid the amount negotiated, she agreed to get the cases quashed in HC, Bangalore. She didn't do it. We went to HC ourselves through M.T. Naniah and Associates, Bangalore. Mr. Naniah, the senior counsel, and his colleague, Mr. Prabhu Tumbigi, were empathetic, knowledgeable, had prior experience in these issues, responsive; they offered their service at a reasonable cost.

It is useful to point out that in two cases very similar to mine, they had got the cases quashed when the wife did not turn up at the court even when summoned; in my case, the judge issued a warrant and the police ensured that woman's presence during the quash.

They are located close to Majestic bus stand in Bangalore and Prabhu Tumbigi can be contacted at +91-9880383553.

Good luck everyone.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:26 am

If anyone's FIR is u/s 498a please use Arnesh Kumar versus State. Thanks Jitin Gupta.Ashok Vihar

Last edited by jiting on Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 03, 2015 3:27 pm

Jitin, I am unable to find the judgement. Please provide specific link.

RSingh
Sahodar Support Group
Weekly Meeting:
Every Saturday, 4pm-6pm
Jungpura Metro Park,
Near Defence Colony
New Delhi
Whatsapp no. 7827645601

Mon May 04, 2015 1:48 pm

looks like he is referring to this one

http://delhihighcourt.nic.in/dhcqrydisp_o.asp?pn=95228&yr=2015

I went through all judjements/orders related to this case. I don't think it can help anybody in anyway. Atleast, I couldn't see anything positive. Unless ofocurse there is yet another Jitin Gulati vs State judgement.

Tue May 05, 2015 1:47 pm

@hcpappu, this is not the one. @jiting, please provide the link to the judgement.

Thu May 07, 2015 5:33 pm

Please use arnesh kumar versus state to get bail in tou a FOR. Thanks. Jitin Gupta. Ashok Vihar

Last edited by jiting on Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 12, 2015 10:52 am

This is the link http://delhihighcourt.nic.in/dhcqrydisp_o.asp?pn=95228&yr=2015

RSingh
Sahodar Support Group
Weekly Meeting:
Every Saturday, 4pm-6pm
Jungpura Metro Park,
Near Defence Colony
New Delhi
Whatsapp no. 7827645601

Wed May 13, 2015 6:17 am

@Rsingh. Buddy the link is similar to the one I posted earlier. Did you post this one by mistake ?

Wed May 13, 2015 6:34 am

Either way I don't see much value in this judgement. The petitioner agreed to pay maintentance, the application was not opposed by complainant. Moreover, if you look at the case history the petitioner has already spend time in Judicial custody (see link below). It would have been anyway difficult for PP to oppose bail and prove that the applicant is either threat to society, or detrimental to investigation or a flight risk.

http://delhihighcourt.nic.in/dhcqrydisp_o.asp?pn=128518&yr=2014

Wed May 13, 2015 6:52 am

I know a good professional lawyer for SC and Delhi HC.

Sat May 30, 2015 6:52 am

Hi Evryone,

My wife filed a case 498a against me, my mother ans sister.
Kindly advise me for good, honest advocate and also who really understand our circumstances.
Location should be Thane.
Kindly help me out.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:51 am

dear members,
i was wondering whether we can compile a citywise list of the lawyers with whom the members had good experience and who won their cases.
i am trying to compile a list for north karnataka. any help is welcome.
regards
ingalgivijay

attributes.
1. should know the DVAct.498a,section 125,divorce thoroughly.
2. should read your case and suggest you the steps in the first or second meeting before case is handed over.
3. should discuss fees and be reasonable and should not insist on payment of full fees rather it should be staggered.
4. should be willing to listen to our suggestions and look at our drafts and correct them and use them when necessary.
5 should be present at every hearing and not depute some junior who does not know ABC of the case.
5. should handle cross examination himself and also we should assist himin asking the right questions by preparing a questionnaire to be answered during wife's cross.
6. should take our calls at a predecided time.
7. should look at the order sheet to know exactly what is written at every hearing.
8. should not take unnecessary adjournments.
i think this should suffice.
regards
ingalgivijay

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:19 am

Finally after years of search I have found a reasonable lawyer. Sincerity is what lawyers lack these days. Do research on lawyers before you hire them, otherwise a good case can also be messed if its not fought sincerely.

Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:13 pm

There is nothing like a good lawyer or a bad lawyer. He/she is a lawyer. The credentials of a lawyer are based on his past experience in dealing with the case efficiently.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:28 am

My lawyers are eating money left, right and centre. Changed lawyers no use. Everybody is same. Useless people come and stand in court and don't do no shit. It's only when you go through a false case you will know Mera ****** Mahaan

Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]