It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
TEP Progress: Got reply of RTI & Some Pertinent Information 

Hi All,

I am pleased to share with the group that I have got a reply finally for most of the queries by way of RTI.

Two points information is denied, for which I am going in for appeal.

Wish me Luck.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:02 am
Profile YIM

Good luck Shonee Ji. I have also filed for TEP but have not heard a word... apparently in the second dowry case, they have claimed to have spent more than what they claimed they spent on the first one.... we filed the TEP in May this year and have not heard anything from them. Please provide some guidance.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:42 am

have u followed with RTI?

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:24 am
Profile YIM

shonne bhai,

no doubt you are a wonder man.. inspiration to many...

**********SatyaMev Jayate - Let the truth Prevail***************

Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:09 pm

congrates Shonnie

thanks & Regards
AKKI

Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:29 pm

congrats shonee bhai!!! you lead, we follow :)

Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Congrats Shoneek!

Sorry for the dumb question...What is TEP? :)

Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:51 pm

Tax evasion petition

Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:16 pm

shoneek wrote:

we are in the process of doing it.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:12 pm

dear shoneeji,
wish you all the luck.
regards
justcause

Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:03 am

Dear Shonee Ji,

First of all congratulations to you for this success,can you share with us, what are those 2 points which were not answered as i have also filed TEP on the same format as you did.
I have also got the response saying that the matter has been handed over to the concerned ITO and he is liable to provide the details.

regards
honey

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:27 am

wait sir,

let me finish the process of filing first appeal, then I would disclose on open forum.

Suffice to say that of the 9 points I asked information, I got satisfactory information for 7 points.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:22 am
Profile YIM

Hi Shonee,

Congratulations and good luck to get the remaining information.

RTI is sounding very promising and I would request other members to (once again) share their experiences regarding TEP and follow-on RTI for the benefit and information of new members. This topic is discussed in length and since it is working out to be highly effective, it will be good to refresh the discussion and the process step-by-step. Thanks.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:45 pm

shoneek wrote:

Shonee Ji, we filed a TEP and have not received any response from the Tax Office. Not even acknowledgement. My father did some research and he is suggesting that RTI will be waste of time because since 2009 information from Tax office is not to be disclosed to third party. He is suggesting that even if we do try RTI maximum they will tell us is "the application is in process". I am getting a very different feel when I read your post. Could you please summarize the process? I want to know what happened to the TEP we filed and if they are taking any action on it.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:59 am

Progress on my TEP And Follow RTIs.

1. Filed TEP in Aug 2009
2. Monthly follow up with RTI .

Results
1. Scrutiny Proceedings on the 498a B*****
2. Assesment Orders should be available any time.
3. Ensured that the 498a B***** is locked with I.T. deptment for life.

Also filed some more TEPs

1. TEP to Professional Tax
2. TEP to Municipality department
3. TEP to Electricity supply department
4. TEP to Commericial Tax department

Followed with RTI.

Results
1. Professional Tax people met the H.R in the 498a B***** company and told everyone that she is a 498a B*****. Free Publicity
2. Municipality started scrutiny proceedings for property tax evasion by her father .
3. Electricity supply department disconnected power supply for a month in her father's house claiming that they had tampered with the electric meter.
4. Scrutiny proceedings started for Luxury Marriage Tax ecasion on the 498a B***** 's Father.

Moral Science lesson:
TEP & RTI work very well on 498a B***** and her Father

Hareesh.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:43 am

Hi Haresh,

can u please send me the format of TEP for luxury marriage tax and procedure how to file and with whom to file the same. Can u explain Luxury marriage tax in some detail.

Thanks & Regards
AKKI

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:49 am

AKKI wrote:
Hi Haresh,

can u please send me the format of TEP for luxury marriage tax and procedure how to file and with whom to file the same. Can u explain Luxury marriage tax in some detail.

Thanks & Regards
AKKI

What is Luxury Marriage Tax. Please let me know....

Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:20 pm

Hi Haresh,

Awesome! Congratulations!

Please share more information on Luxury Marriage Tax and to which authority the TEP for the same is sent?

Any other TEP/RTI success stories out there? Please share...

Thanks.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:02 pm

Tiwana,

How unfortunate that you believe everything what newspapers/ websites say. I urge you to try harder to protect your rights and have faith in your arguments, reasonableness and move ahead full throttle.

Here is a judgement by CIC dated June 03, 2010, which is a re-iteration of 01/01/10 judgement, the operative part of the judgement is

"3. Besides, it is also to be noted that blank ban on disclosure of information regarding the action taken on tax evasion complaints may not always be in the best interest of the state revenues. In fact, it may dis-enthuse the information givers as
information givers are generally keen to know whether the information provided by them has been of some value to the authorities or not. Feed back in this regard would motivate the information givers to provide further informations to the authorities and thereby enable them to curb tax evasion and enhance the state revenues. Viewed thus, despite the office of DGIT (Inv) being an exempted organisation, it may not always be the best policy to deny some kind of feed back to the information givers."

It's very easy to give-up. And if we are so prone to give-up, why are we fighting, there are 1000s of precedents where people have bought peace by paying up. Why are we not going the same way?

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

PS: Here is the complete CIC Judgement:

CENTRAL INFORMATION COMMISSION

Room No. 308, B-Wing, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066

File No.CIC/LS/A/2009/000802

Appellant : Shri M.P. Padmanabhan

Public Authority : Income Tax Department, Kannur

Date of Hearing : 3.6.2010
Date of Decision : 3.6.2010

FACTS :

The matter is called for hearing today dated 3.6.2010. The parties have not appeared before the Commission.
Hence, it has been decided to dispose of the matter on the basis of material on record.

2. It is noticed that vide RTI application dated 2.11.2007, the appellant had requested for the following
information :- "1. Whether investigation was conducted in the matter and if so the name and designation of the
official who conducted the investigation.

2. Findings of the investigation duly furnishing the following information :-
(a) Whether Shri P Rajivan has a PAN number; (b) Whether Shri Rajivan has been filing Income Tax returns
regularly;
(c) If so income declared for the last three years."

3. This was responded by the CPIO vide letter dated 26.11.2007 stating that he had started the investigation in
the matter and the outcome of the inquiry will be intimated to the appellant in due course. By subsequent
letter dated 6.12.2007, the CPIO had informed the appellant that information requested for by him could not
be disclosed in terms of section 8 (1) (j) of the RTI Act.

4. The AA had decided the matter vide order dated 18.3.2009 wherein he had observed as follows :-
"However, the concerned assessing officer ITO Ward 1(1), Kannur has already intimated to the said petitioner
vide letter dated 26.11.2007 that information provided by the petitioner is in the nature of tax evasion petition
and the concerned Assessing officer has started investigation in the case of third party. Since it is a matter of
tax evasion; the same has to be proceeded with as per the provisions of Income Tax Act, 1961. Hence, the
petitioner is intimated accordingly."

5. It, however, appears to the Commission that the outcome of investigation into the TEP has not been
indicated to the appellant. It is to be noted that in File No CIC/LS/A/2009/01014 (B.B. Singh Vs DGIT (Inv),
Lucknow) decided on 1.1.2010, the Commission had observed as follows :- "3. Besides, it is also to be noted
that blank ban on disclosure of information regarding the action taken on tax evasion complaints may not
always be in the best interest of the state revenues. In fact, it may dis-enthuse the information givers as
information givers are generally keen to know whether the information provided by them has been of some
value to the authorities or not. Feed back in this regard would motivate the information givers to provide
further informations to the authorities and thereby enable them to curb tax evasion and enhance the state
revenues. Viewed thus, despite the office of DGIT (Inv) being an exempted organisation, it may not always be
the best policy to deny some kind of feed back to the information givers."

DECISION

6. Applying the ratio of the above decision to the present case, we direct the CPIO to intimate the broad
outcome of investigation into the TEP to the appellant in 06 weeks time.

7. The matter is decided accordingly.

Sd/-
(M.L. Sharma)
Central Information Commissioner

Authenticated true copy. Additional copies of orders shall be supplied against application and payment of the
charges, prescribed under the Act, to the CPIO of this Commission.
(D.C. Singh)

Under Secretary & Deputy Registrar

Address of parties :-

1. The Income Tax Officer
Ward (1) & CPIO,
Range-1, Kannothumchal,
Kannur-670006

2. Shri M P Padmanabhan
Old No 29, New No 22,
Ramasami Garden Street,
Royapettah, Chennai-600014

Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:53 am
Profile YIM

Thank you Shonee ji, as you may be aware... I dont live in India. I have to accept what my parents say in the first instance... then i do some research and request help from you and other senior members... then I update my parents .... then they go ahead and send the letters... :-)
You are right... we could have given up... but we didnt... cuase the point is not the money... the point is ... what is right...

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:17 am

Hi Hareesh,

I have send a PM to you. but no reply. might be some tech. problem can you pass your number to me on prakram7@gmail.com. need to talk to you.

With regards

Prakram

Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:56 am

Hi All,

My appeal has been admitted and the first appellete Authority and I have been granted a personal hearing in the matter on Nov. 15, 2010.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:58 am
Profile YIM

Dear Shonee Ji!
Any updates so far?

Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Yes, I got all information except his ITRs.

The same is updated in another thread. I am planning for second appeal and more actions.

Right now busy with exams so would do so after that.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:31 am
Profile YIM

Ok i have the TEP draft ready after shonee ji sent the template.

I need to know where to file it and how to find out which Income tax commisioner has the jurisdiction.

This is in delhi

so please advise

Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:06 pm

I would like to say thanks to Shonee for his kind help on TEP....

Regarding your query

you need to file the TEP to Chief commsioner of income tax where your FIL PAN number registered..

Ex:if your FIL is from Hyderebad and PAN card registered there now he is in delhi and you are residing in delhi..

then you have to file TEP to the chief commisioner of income tax,hyderabad..You need to check the ITO WARD number

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/Services/KnowYourJurisdictionLink.html

Please use the above link to find that

Good Luck

Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]