It is currently Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Buying property 

Hi,

she filed 498a / probably she will file for maintenance soon / Charge sheet not yet filed by police / I Filed one side divorce. recently.

I am an NRI, I would like to buy property in india. I have couple of questions.

1 - Can i buy property on my mother's name through sending money from USA(My Account) to INDIA(My Mother's Account)

2 - Would the court ask me to provide the bank transactions of my USA account and My Mother's India Account?

3 - If I transfer money to my mother and buy property on her name, would this allow her to claim high maintenance?

4 - Or Can i buy the property on my name and show to the court that I have taken loan in USA to buy property?

Thanks.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:30 pm

where have you filed divorce? there is nothing called filing one sided divorce.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:15 am

1. Do not buy property in mother's name or anyone else but self, to avoid future family problems.
2. Property price in India is on high side. It is ok if you let your money remain in bank account without investing.
2. If you end up purchasing property in India keep it secret. No one should know including your lawyer or relatives.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:39 am

@ fight_Like_Hell - I mean I have filed divorce based on cruelty meaning contested divorce. My lawyer and few other people advised to do that, so that I know their move and we can hopefully bring them to a platform which leads to the out-court settlement. (Lets see)

@anand - Would it be a problem If I transfer money to my mother and take the property on her name? (I am sure there won't be any family issues) but If opposite party come to know that we bought a land on my mother's name, will it be an issue?

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:11 am

Avoid buying any property but you can invest it in other ways and buying property may involve you in 2-3 more litigation.
however she may not be granted any right to residence if you are paying maintenance as ordered by the court.
dont pay without court order.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:52 pm

Buy bitcoin or any crypto currency. No one will know how much money you have nor can court or any government take without you agreeing

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]