It is currently Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Passport Show Cause Notice 

Hello,

I have received a show cause notice under section 10 (3) (e) and (h). The 498a gang has obtained illegal NBW orders from CMM showing me as absconding and have probably submitted an application to RPO to get the passport impounded/revoked. We have a quash application pending in the High court.

I found this circular from MEA on the net - https://justice2nri.wordpress.com/tag/mea/

Does anyone have a legible copy or any experience using this circular? Also what happens if passport is impounded or revoked?

Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:11 am

when it is only a show cause notice from the ppt authority, why not appear/reply to the notice? if u had appeared in the case and obtained bail, the order can be sent to the ppt authority. based on the contents of the notice, a suitable reply needs to be sent to te ppt authority.
if u had not appeared in the case till now, what stand do u want to take for non-appearance. avoiding the case, where u are A1, may lead to complications.
have u contacted ur advocate in this regard? what is his view?

Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:36 am

Thanks Ganesh. I have responded to the show cause notice and have also appeared in the case in high court. 498a gang has obtained illegal NBW by providing wrong address to the police.

I wanted to know if anyone has experienced this situation and what the next steps are if there is an adverse action by RPO when abroad.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:36 am

U need to only show to the RPO that u are attending the court/case. Send all the docket orders, ur basil sanction order and whatever paper u have about the case that is in ur favour. The RPO would not initiate any action. If u send all the papers and if by chance any adverse action is initiated based on the opp. party's letter, u can approach the HC with all these papers, making the RPO as the respondent.

Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:19 pm

Guys can anyone share the formal reply to the show cause notice

Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]